Public Sources of FalconView Data
Please help us out by adding to this page.
- http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/dnc/ - A great source of Digital Nautical Chart data for the US. This is a vector representation of the NOAA Nautical Charts. There are a few steps to get the data in the right format which I have outlined under GettingDigitalNauticalChart.
- http://www.usgs.gov/ and http://seamless.usgs.gov/ - The US Geological Survey publishes gigabytes of data for the United States and the World.
- http://www.coa.gatech.edu/cgis/ - The Georgia Tech Center for GIS maintains a clearinghouse of GIS data for the State of Georgia.
- http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/enc/index.htm - Nautical data that can be imported into FalconView as Shapefiles.
- NACO / FAA Aeronautical Sectionals for the USA compatible with FalconView are available at the Downloads tab on this page.
- FalconView consumes elevation data in DTED format. See http://eros.usgs.gov/#/Find_Data/Products_and_Data_Available/SRTM_DTED for downloadable elevation data.
- http://www.naturalearthdata.com/ - Includes vector data of various boundaries as well as raster maps.
See the discussion in OpenSourceQuickStart for information on using the map data manager to catalog any data you download.