· Show multiple map displays in different or matching scales. There is no practical limit to the number of tabs.
· Each display can have different file and static overlays.
· The tabs can be renamed. Right-click a tab for its menu options.
Display Calibration Tool
A Tools menu option that allows you to accurately match the display pixels-per-inch (PPI) to a known standard.
Photo Geotagging Tools
Add georeference information to the Exchangeable Image File Format (EXIF) tags in a JPEG file. The modified files can be used with the drawing, moving map, and points overlays.
To Scale Zoom
A Zoom menu option sets the pixels-per-inch (PPI) of the display to match the map scale, i.e., an inch on the display equals an inch on the map. Use with the Display Calibration Tool to interactively change the pixels-per-inch of the display to match a calibration standard.
Moving Map Enhancements
· Right-click any trail point and create links to it.
· Some feed setting selections produce an Auxiliary Data tab that allow you to make additional selections.
GeoPDF maps are displayed by FalconView. The Map Data Manager and NITF Data Manager administer their files. An entry appears for this type in the Map menu if the data are available to your system.
Enhanced Compressed Raster Graphics (ECRG) maps are displayed by FalconView. Current plans call for ECRG to replace CADRG as the preferred source for chart data.
· JPEG200 files with embedded Geography Markup Language (GML) are displayed by FalconView.
· JPEG200 files can be catalogued with the NITF Single File dialog. Click the "Add IAS/JPIP" button.
Status Bar Enhancements
The status bar has several, additional panes available:
· Effective Scale
· Elevation Pane - Verbose
· Elevation Pane (Other) - Verbose
Add a full or partial bullseye to a moving map or route rehearsal ship symbol. This bullseye can be used in the following ways:
· Determine impending course conflicts with other ships.
· Represent the radar geometry or weapons engagement zone.
You can enter a street address in a separate utility, and if the address is found, center the map display on it, or add it as a point.
Solar-Lunar Analysis Tool
The Solar-Lunar Analysis Tool (SLAT) is an independent application that incorporates and adds to the functionality of the previously available Darkness Planning Tool. For calculations, both tools use SLAC (Solar-Lunar Almanac Core), software developed by the Astronomical Applications Department (AAD), U.S. Naval Observatory.
SkyView renders Air Coordination Order (ACO) regions in three dimensions.
Unified Points Management
Points can be modified and managed within a tabular editor. Changes made to the points database are fed to CFPS.
FLIP Currency and Import
Import and check the currency of a Flight Information Publication (FLIP). The FLIP exists as an Adobe Reader® (.pdf) file. Imported FLIPs can then be viewed within the Airports overlay.
Compliance with Microsoft® Standards for Program and Data Storage
FalconView is installed with the PFPS application in the program files directory, and user data is kept in the documents and settings directory:
· Windows® XP user data: \Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\PFPS
· Windows® Vista user data: \users\Public\documents\PFPS
Cursor on Target Support
A plug-in based on the Cursor on Target (CoT) standard allows for collaboration on the Moving Map Display as well as the Drawing, Points, Tactical Graphics, and Threats overlays.
Maritime Vessel Plug-in
The Maritime Vessel overlay is a plug-in that allows ships and marine-traffic-monitoring authorities to identify and locate other vessels.
Map-Data Manager Enhancements
· Right-click a map-data path in the Paths tab and select the "Explore" pop-up menu option. You can use the standard Windows® Explorer dialog that appears to browse for a specific file. This can be more useful than the "classic" map-data browse dialog that only allows you to browse to the folder level.
· More efficient coverage database queries result in the quicker retrieval of the tiles needed for screen rendering, which improves the speed of the map-drawing and map-tabs-generation process.
Create a map tabs bar that contains a customized set of map types and scales.
Point Editor Enhancement
The single-point editor dialog shows the source of the elevation data.
Route Editor Enhancements
· The Route Elevation Profile shows the DTED level used in the calculation.
· The tooltip for the maximum elevation point in a route corridor shows the DTED level used in the calculation.